Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Direction Defined

I started researching TX CD 22 looking for direction on the upcoming election. I still have not found that direction, but it sounds like the local GOP is starting to become organized and is having a meeting on Thursday night. What do I mean by direction?

1. A consensus endorsement from the local GOP.
2. A clearly defined campaign on what to expect at the polls. Will the write-in candidates be listed somewhere? Instructions on how to wrtie-in a name. Is the GOP telling people how to write-in a vote? (this is direction).

What have I found? The local GOP is meeting Thursday night to, hopefully, endorse someone. This process has evidently and understandably been a rough endeavor. I anxiously await the results from the meeting on Thursday. I am a voter and a republican; so understandably, I am interested in what the party has to say.

Once this is done, the second item above should fall inline. Why is the second item a concern? If people are not educated on the process, it will not work. What I have read to date suggests that there will be a list of write-ins in the polls (list of those who filed as write-ins). This is good. I have also read that we have new electronic voting machines. I honestly do not know if that is the case. Fort Bend is a very conservative county and I have no idea how many people just vote the republican ticket, but if they vote the straight ticket on Election Day, evidently, they will not be voting for a congressperson. Everyone needs to be aware of this.

Have I enjoyed researching this subject over the past few days? Kind of. It seems like democrat blogs on the subject are running about 5 to 1 over republican blogs (in number of sites covering the subject). I wish to thank the democrats for reaffirming my belief that the left are a viscous, hateful lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home