Friday, October 01, 2004

1st Debate

I missed most of it. Got roped into going out to dinner with some folks. I did, however, get to see/hear the last 30 minutes and I've heard some sound bites from the remainder. The one point that sticks out for me is that Kerry wants a "Global Test", roughly translated, let the UN dictate what we do and when we do it. I am 100% percent against that idea and do not want to see us go down that path. Our country is better, richer. Our cost of living is lower than most of Europe. We've helped more people and given more money and aid to others than any other country in the history of the world. Why should we have to pass a damn global test? We defined the test.

We should not be a part of any treaty that circumvents our sovereignty or our freedoms as Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home