Sunday, September 19, 2004

Early Teal Season

I went Teal hunting today and took a limit of 4 birds. The Texas coastal areas and rice fields hold tons of teal and this time of the year we have Blue Wing’s migrating in. Green wings will come later along with a few cinnamon Teal. For all you guys that like target shooting, you should try taking a Teal flying about 50 MPH at 35 yards or so. Loads of Fun and a great challenge. Also, nothing like hunting in 90 degree weather… you have to wear waders or hip boots so you sweat like crazy. Don’t even think about early Teal season without Mosquito spray. Shooting time is 1/2 Hour before sunrise, so you are up early, too early.

I limited out pretty quickly, but stayed in my blind for an hour or so while some others got their limit. There were some great pictures to be take if I had had a camera. The sun was coming up to my back and the Teal would come in straight on in front of us. I’ll try to remember to bring a camera when I go back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott M. Head said...

You are making me jealous!

I used to hunt in Rosenberg, my FFL is in Sugarland, we're practically neighbors. Its nice to hear the birds are still flying on the west side. Shoot a duck for a fellow blogger, wouldja?

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home