Friday, July 23, 2004

Flashlight Review - Surefire G2 Nitrolon

After taking a defensive pistol class, I felt naked without a tactical flash light in my bedroom. So off to the net in search of what I thought was going be another $100.00 toy. After checking with an online gun forum, I found out about the G2 from Surefire. I purchase one from MDWGuns online for $30.00 and received it about two days later.

So what does one do with a new flashlight? Right off the bat I blinded myself for about 20 minutes. Wow!!! That is one bright dude. The light is about 60 lumens and the 123A 3V lithium batteries are supposed to last for a full hour of continuous use. I've picked up a few small dive lights over the years and they are pretty bright, but this light outshines even the best dive lights.

Some of the neat features in this light are the indestructible Nitrolon polymer outer cover, the tactical rear momentary push button switch, and the fixed focus beam.

The flashlight is about 5” long and has maybe a ¾” shaft with a 1” bezel. The place I ordered from was out of black, so I got one in OD green and yellow is available too. The batteries are $15.00 per box of 12 on Sure Fire’s website and a quick check of Radio Shack's web pages showed that the Shack has them in packs of two for $14.69 . Looks like Surefire is a good company that gives consumers a good value on lithium batteries. $1.25 EA vs. $7.35 EA. Good job Surefire.

I highly recommend this flashlight and Surefire too. Even if you’re just a camera buff, the lithium batteries are worth looking at from Surefire. The batteries have a 10 year self life too.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home