Monday, July 19, 2004

Range Report

Just finished up a two day defensive shooting course. What a hoot. For those of you who own handguns, you really should take one of these. We learned how to properly draw. Shot from various distances. Shoot while moving (forwards and backwards). Moving in groups. Different prone and kneeling positions. Close in shooting and moving back to take aim. Malfunction clearing. Speed Reloads, tactical reload, admin reloads. Pretty much if you can do it with a pistol, we did it. I did a more detailed outline of the class for my own reference, but if you would like a copy, just drop me an email.

We put about 800 rounds down range in two days. I learned a hell of a lot and am 1000 times more likely handle a life threatening situation. My fingers ache and my legs feel like jelly, but Iā€™m in a lot better shape than the guy who shot himself in the foot yesterday while re-holstering.

Things I need to work on ā€“ 1. Accuracy 2. Clearing Stove Pipes ā€“ (I kept wanting to drop my mag for whatever reason, you just tap, roll and rack, Bam). Just slightly different for Tap, Rack, Bam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home