Friday, March 11, 2005

Trigger Weight

I was at the range today and decided to ask the resident gunsmith to check my trigger weight. So I go up the store and ask if he can check and he agrees. I hand him my case and he opens it, picks up the gun, racks the slide and pulls the trigger and says about 5.5 to 6 pounds. I look at him funny and he says, well I don’t have my gauge with me. Then I ask about the double action pull and he de-cocks like a 1911 (the gun is a Beretta) and pulls the trigger and says, man this thing has long trigger pull, “lots of creep”. I say, well it is supposed to. Then he says 6.5 to 7 on the DA trigger pull and qualifies it with I’m never more than ¼ pound off. Go figure!

Anyone know where I can get a trigger weight gauge?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not use a fishing scale?

PshootR

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home