Friday, January 07, 2005

Diet Update

Ok so I’m a week into this diet thing and I’ve lost about one pound per day. If I can keep that up, it’ll be 30 pounds in a month and I’ll be done by mid-February. Not a chance of that happening. Anyway, I’m down from an obese 220 to still obese 215. Maybe by next week I’ll be down to 210. This would put me back to my pre-holiday food fest weight. Once I’m down to 200, and I hope to be there by the end of the month, I should be presentable enough to start hitting the gym again.

So what am I doing? I’m basically doing low carb diet for now. Eating things like low carb yogurt, boiled eggs, or cottage cheese for breakfast. Some sort of big salad for lunch (grilled chicken or shrimp), and meat and veggies for dinner. For snacks I’m eating cheese or beef jerky or some other high protein snack. When I want to gross out the wife, I pick up a bag of pig skins. Those make a great high protein, no carb snack.

Hopefully after the next week, I can start adding some more foods like some fruit and some other carbs back in.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I'm down about 13 lbs. Loving it!!!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home