Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Cougar Lives On.

In a thread on the Beretta Forum, a Beretta employee has let the cat out of the bag that the Beretta Cougar is discontinued for 2005. The cougar is my favorite handgun and I’ve got both an 8000L in 9mm and an 8045 Mini version in .45.

I'm pretty disappointed that the Cougar is going away, as I feel it is a great gun. The consensus is that it was never really marketed correctly by Beretta. Anyway, it looks like it will be re-released in 2006 by another Beretta owned company, but I guess it will not have the Beretta name on it. Could be a good thing though, maybe the price will drop.

I do question one thing… if the Cougar was improperly marketed and is thus now dead or dying. Since is was originally marketed as a multi caliber platform for law enforcement, what does that say of the future of the PX4 Storm that they just released? It’s a polymer version of the Cougar and is being marketed to law enforcement only.

Does old saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results come to mind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home