Friday, August 06, 2004

So much to talk about and so little time.

There is so much news out there that I’m a little overwhelmed as to what to discuss in this forum. At last count 26 terrorist have been arrested over the last day or two, from the US to Saudi to England. The DNC Convention was a bust for Kerry. No real increase in the polls. It just amazes me how polarized the nation is. I mistakenly did not believe it during the last elections until the elections were over and the closeness of the results made public. I don’t know about you folks but I’m out there, donating money, putting a bumper sticker on my car, planning a yard sign when the election gets closer, talking to people and neighbors about issues. If you are a conservative, I encourage you to do the same, if you are a liberal, I encourage you to do nothing.

Here is an interesting article from Matt Drudge: California Lawyer sues Yahoo over Message Posts. This guy does not like what he is seeing posted about his client on a yahoo message board (I have no idea who his client is or was) so he logs on and bashes the posters. So the posters bash him and he goes off crying to the courts trying to sue them. Hey Stephen Galton! You’re a big baby. Can you imagine if everyone on the internet filed suit against forum posters who bash them or the owners of said forums. My god. One these freaking idiotic trial lawyers is trying to get himself elected as Vice President. Well I guess should not call them idiots, that would imply that they did not know better. These guys do and are just trying to line their pockets with your money and maybe limit the amount of free speech that us average folks can enjoy. If he wins, every online forum would have to shut down for fear of being sued.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay.Mac said...

I was a bit concerned about this piece of news- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3540374.stm - which I haven't yet seen on any US news sites- the guy arrested not only had US naval plans in his possession, but links to a 'mole' onboard a US ship. Perhaps they were planning a repeat of the USS Cole attack?
Things certainly seem to be hotting up the past few weeks. Hopefully, all this activity is a sign that the war on terrorism is working, that ALL their plans are being disrupted before they can take place.
One thing that nearly slipped by my news radar was the announcement that council elections are taking place in Saudi for the first time- perhaps they see what's happening in Iraq and want to join in the great democracy experiment. Dominoes beginning to fall?

8:20 PM  
Blogger John said...

It was on fox news today, so it might be on their web page.

8:34 PM  
Blogger John said...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128242,00.html

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home