Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Football Season - Yea!

Football season is upon us. My son started practice last night and it was pretty amazing to see all these kids and how out of shape they are. Huffin and puffin while running. The coaches have them wearing helmets during practice to help condition them to having the things on again. It was 96 degrees at about 5:30pm yesterday and practice started at 6:00pm. He was all smiles after practice yesterday, soaking wet, but all smiles. The kid really loves football. Last year he played almost every play in every game. Offense and Defense. He’s a big kid so he is a lineman and he loves to hit.

So I stayed and watched the torture for the full 1 ½ hours. They will practice every day for the first two weeks and then drop down to 3 or 4 days a week once school starts. My goal now is to start dropping him off at 6:00 and then hitting the gym myself while he is at practice. I can make an hour workout and still get back in plenty of time to pick him up. I'm also hoping he'll drop about 5 pounds or so with all of the hard work. So him and i both are working on our weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home