Friday, July 30, 2004

Range Report

Brought the cougars to the range today. Last time I concentrated on being repeatable at 15 yards, so today I shot at 10 yard thinking that the improvement made at 15 would look even better at 10. It did... much tighter groups. The first target and 50 round box of 9mm was kept within an 6ā€ circle. Most within 4 inches or so. The 6ā€ part is orange and nothing was out of the orange. Finished up with 50 rounds of .45 on a different target and I had maybe two or three outside of the orange. The .45 made a nice ragged hole in the center, actually slightly left of center. That was all of .45 ammo so I waited for the line to go cold so I could change targets and get back to the 9mm.

I put another 50 rounds down range and kept these in about 4ā€ groups at three targets. Iā€™m getting better with the 9mm and for the most part concentrating on the following has been helpful:

1. Lean forward. I had a tendency to lean back, but leaning forward is the proper technique.
2. Keep the front site in focus. This is most important for accuracy. Look at the front site and let everything else go.

It also looks like that for me, practicing at longer ranges will greatly improve the short range accuracy. Maybe next time I'll try 25 yards.

I noticed another thing today. Everyone, both sides of me and for a couple of stations down on both sides, was shooting Berettas. I saw two 92's, a 96, two Tomcats, and of course my Cougars. Cool to se so many Berettas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a jet t shirtcompany called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home