Monday, July 12, 2004

Concealed Carry Magazine

So is concealed carry becoming a sub-culture? There is a new magazine out called Concealed Carry Magazine and while I confess that I have not yet read the magazine, it's mere existence suggests a sub-culture. Someone must read it, right? According to their mission on the web site, they are “informative, bold, and politically incorrect”. Ah, maybe there is a sub-culture in being politically incorrect. I really don’t accept that owning a gun is politically incorrect. If that is the case then the Second Amendment to the constitution is in serious trouble. The mission statement goes on to say that the magazine contains essays, reader profiles, tactic and training articles, and gear reviews.

Gear Reviews, now there is something that is really needed. Like most, I fell into the idea that all I need is a 10 dollar holster and then well maybe a $25.00 one. Of course, now, my $100.00 Milt Sparks. is the most comfortable and most used. Holsters are just like other products in that you get what you pay for and I’ve paid for a drawer full of them. The other day I picked up a JAK Slide. Just little piece of leather with belt loops for $50.00 plus tax. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it felt and concealed. Your belt keeps it pulled in close and helps retain the gun too. My favorite for the car is the DeSantis Nemesis at $16.99. Just like a slipper with a sticky outside to slip your favorite 9mm into for the center console. And lastly for a pocket holster on those hot summer days, nothing beats an Uncle Mike's Inside the Pocket holster (10 bucks) with my little Tomcat. All total, that about $175.00 in Holsters that i actually use. I dare not include all of the ones in my holster drawer that never feel cold steel.

Anyway, sub culture or not, the magazine sounds interesting and I might just order the free issue to see what it is all about. I wonder if it comes in a plain brown wrapper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home