Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Damn Cholesterol

Going on two years ago, I quit smoking and started gaining weight. About the same time, I developed a foot problem, plantar fasciitis, and stopped all exercise. Well now I’m a whopping 220 (up from around 180-190) and my cholesterol is skyrocketing. Last summer it was at 240 and I opted to wait and see. Well now it’s at 260 and my doctor says it’s time to get on Lipitor. So I take my first dose tonight. Hopefully I will not have any side affects since those are very few with this drug. I’ll post an occasional update on any effects and update my cholesterol in about 6-7 weeks.

I told my doctor that I didn’t have any health problems when I smoked and was considering starting the habit again for some relief. He wasn’t amused.

Wish me luck on lowering my Cholesterol.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

trust me, i tried every insert i could get my hands on. I had three steroid injections and oral steroids. my next step cutting, but i didn't want to do that.

What finally did it for me was some very stiff inserts that i picked up at a place called foot solutions. After wearing these for about four or five months, my foot is much better. but it wasn't an overnight cure, it took time.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home