Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fort Bend Model Railroad Club

The FBMRC has some amazing pictures of an amazing multi-year, long term project to model the Sugar Land area Railroad. This model looks very detailed and well done and shows many of the features of the old photographs I’ve been reviewing and posting here.

Speaking of old photographs. The two photos below are from their web site. Take note of two items. 1. The water tower. This tower is still in place and is shown in some other old photos that I'll post in the upcoming days. In the pictures below, you can see two water towers, but only one is still in place. I almost couldn't find it, but then saw the reflection of the tower's legs in Oyster Creek (second picture below). 2. The railroad traversing what is not Sugar Lakes and Williams Trace. This R/R shows up on my Garmin GPS III+ that I’ve had for years; now I understand why.

1937 View of Sugar Mill form the South

1937 North View of Mill Posted by Picasa
1937 View of Sugar Mill from the North

1937 South View of Mill Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home