Saturday, October 14, 2006

Political Contributions

With an election looming near, my mail is full of political ads solicitation for donations to various campaigns and local, state and national RNC organizations. I typically give some dollars to the RNC at some level (mainly national) and sometimes directly to candidates. My frustration, with the local RNC, is on the rise. Looking at the Fort Bend GOP web site, you would not even know there is a congressional district 22 race in less than a month. The last news letter on the site is from April and the only CD22 candidate listed in the “Elections” section is Joe Reasbeck. Both Harris and Galveston County GOP web sites have information and links to Shelly Sekula Gibbs. What’s up with Fort Bend County? Pouting? It is disappointing to see that the Fort Bend GOP has walked away from this race. They should be the driving force behind keeping CD22 republican, but they are mute. So in my book, they are moot. I gave a small donation directly to Sekula Gibbs and I encourage anyone reading this to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home